- Martin Wroe on the Greenbelt 09 theme of “Standing in the long now” – about taking a different attitude to time.
So what does it mean to stand in this long now? To become long-sighted? To plan for a present we may never experience, to long for a world we may have left before it arrives. What would it be like if gratification was not instant and the waiting had not been taken out of the wanting.
- Internet Monk on the coming evangelical collapse. Headings include
- Denominations will shrink, even vanish
- Fewer and fewer evangelical Churches will survive, even thrive
- Two of the beneficiaries will be the Catholic and Orthodox communions
- Charismatic-Pentecostal Christianity will be the majority within evangelicals
- There needs to be a rescue mission from the world Christian community.